Potomac’s 2015 Resolution: To Build upon Digital Fabrication Successes of 2014
2014 was a year of many successes for Potomac. First and foremost, we moved to the [email protected] research and development campus near Baltimore. Moving a functioning company after over 30 years on the DC Beltway was no small feat, but the opportunity to be part of a world-class science and engineering community is already realizing huge benefits for us. UMBC President Freeman Hrabowski was most welcoming when he said: “We are delighted that Potomac Photonics has joined the [email protected] community. In addition to welcoming home President and CEO Mike Adelstein, a UMBC alumnus, we look forward to partnering with the company as it expands and builds deeper connections with UMBC students and faculty.”
A few of our 2014 UMBC collaborations included:
- hosting a Digital Fabrication Summit as part of our grand opening that featured keynote addresses by 3D Systems CEO Avi Reichental, MIT Center for Bits and Atoms Director, Neil Gershenfeld, and SOLS Founder and CEO, Kegan Schouwenburg
- helping NASA’s CREEST Center explore the far reaches of the universe
- building advanced microfluidic “Lab on a Chip” devices with the Mechanical Engineering Department
- 3D Printing a micro model of the UMBC campus from a map generated with aerial robotic photography by students in the Ecosynth program
Other highlights of the year included:
- being awarded a Maryland Industrial Partnership Grant to increase microfluidic device production
- achieving renewal of our ISO 9001:2008 & 13485:2003 certifications
- our innovation story being featured on Maryland Public Television
- serving as program chair for the 2nd annual DigiFab Conference
- creating employee programs for individuals with disabilities
Of course this was all in addition to Potomac’s business as usual, providing state of the art digital fabrication services to customers throughout the world. To learn more about some of these inspiring projects, check out their stories on our blog.
For 2015, Potomac will be building upon the foundation laid in 2014 in order to provide the highest quality, fastest turnaround, best value digital fabrication services available today. Whether the tool of choice is 3D Printing, laser micromachining, micro CNC, hot embossing or any of the other technologies at which we excel, Potomac will always provide the complete solution for your manufacturing needs from prototype to production.
Wishing a great 2015 to everyone who made 2014 such a success!